Xylitol Plum and Cinnamon Crumble
Serves: 6 Cooking time: 35 minutes
This comfort food classic is given a healthier twist through the use of wholemeal flour, oats and Total Sweet Xylitol. The whole grains also give the topping a chewy almost flapjack-like texture whilst cinnamon adds flavour as well as possible health benefits.
For the crumble:
100g (4oz) plain wholemeal flour
75g (3oz) Total Sweet Xylitol - Taste before cooking – add more if you prefer a sweeter crumble
100g (4oz) softened butter
100g (4oz) oats
For the filling:
1kg (2.2lb) plums, halved and stoned
50g (2oz) Total Sweet Xylitol - Depending on the sweetness of the plums and personal taste
3 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180C fan/350F/ gas mark 4.
- Blend the flour, Total Sweet and butter in a food processor to combine into thick crumbs then lightly blitz the oats into the mixture.
- Put the prepared plums in the base of a high-sided oven-proof dish so that they more than cover the base.
- Sprinkle with the Total Sweet and cinnamon then scatter the crumble evenly over the top.
- Bake for around 35 minutes or until the crumble starts to look golden and the fruit is bubbling and soft underneath.