Totally Sweet Gingerbread
Serves: 10 Cooking time: 30 minutes
Create this deliciously aromatic Gingerbread, ready to shape, decorate... and eat!
2 cups Plain Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Ground Ginger
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
1 tsp Allspice
1/2 tsp Salt
170g Butter - Leave the butter at room temperature to soften before using
1/2 cup Total Sweet Xylitol
1 Egg - We recommend using the egg at room temperature
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, allspice and cloves.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the Total Sweet, butter and egg.
- Add your dry mix to the wet mix, little by little, making sure to combine well.
- Split the dough in half once combined and roll out to around 1cm thick.
- Use cookie cutters to cut into shapes.
- Bake your cookies for around 10-12 minutes.
- Leave to cool before decorating with your own festive decorations!