Phil's Raspberry Finger Diggles
Serves: 8 Cooking time: 20 minutes
These were a favourite of mine growing up, so I thought I’d have a go at creating a no added sugar version. I’ve come up with a recipe that I think matches the original for taste and hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
225g wholemeal flour/white SR flour
90g Stork margarine (block)
1 medium egg, beaten
1 level tsp baking powder
1 level tsp bicarb
16 frozen raspberries
Total Sweet Xylitol to sprinkle over
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 180°C fan, gas mark 6.
- Rub the margarine into the flour then add the bicarb and baking powder.
- Next add the egg and xylitol and mix well.
- Form into 8 balls roughly the size of a large walnut.
- Place onto a silicone paper baking tray leaving a good gap in between and press down slightly.
- Make 2 small indentations on the top, then push in the frozen raspberries, then reform the edges, raising them slightly. Sprinkle over a little xylitol.
- Bake for 20 minutes, they will spread slightly.
- Remove and cool completely, before attempting to lift off the sheet.
Copyright Phil Vickery