Serves: 10 Time: 25 minutes (excluding yeast preparation)
Recipe by Tammy Sheahan.
- 325g Strong Flour
- 275ml Lukewarm Water
- 60g Total Sweet Xylitol
- 1 Sachet of Dried Yeast (7g)
- 1/4tsp Salt
- Oil for frying
- Add the water, yeast and salt into a jug with 1 tbsp of the measured flour. Stir well, cover and leave in a warm place for several hours until the yeast bubbles and become thick.
- In a large bowl add the yeast mixture and the remaining flour, stirring well until the dough is sticky and smooth. Add a little more flour if the mixture is too wet.
- Tear into walnut-sized balls. Poke a hole in the middle and swirl to form a doughnut shape.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving space to allow for spreading.
- Cover loosely with oiled clingfilm and leave to prove until doubled in size. This may take 2-3 hours, depending on the temperature of the room.
- Before frying, add the Total Sweet to a bowl.
- Deep fry in oil for 1-2 minutes until golden.
- Toss the hot, cooked doughnuts in the Total Sweet and enjoy!
Giving this recipe a go? Tag us on Instagram for the chance to be featured.