Gooey Chocolate Brownies
Serves: 9 Time: 25 minutes
- 85g Plain Flour
- 275g Total Sweet Xylitol
- 185g Unsalted Butter
- 185g Dark Chocolate (70-90%)
- 40g Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 3 Large Free-Range Eggs
- Cut the butter into small cubes and add to a bowl with the dark chocolate.
- Melt in the microwave in 30-second intervals or in a heat-proof bowl over a boiling pan of water. If melting over a pan, ensure the bowl isn't touching the water to avoid burning. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 180'C. Grease and line a 20cm square baking tin.
- Sieve the flour and cocoa powder into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and Total Sweet for 3-5 minutes until the mixture is thick, creamy and pale in colour.
- Gently fold the cooled chocolate and butter into the egg and Total Sweet mixture in a figure of eight motion until combined.
- Using the same figure of eight motion, fold the dry mixture into the wet mixture until silky and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, scraping every bit out of the bowl with the spatula. Gently ease the mixture into the corners of the tin and paddle the spatula from side to side across the top to level it.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until the top has a shiny, papery crust and the sides are just beginning to come away from the tin.
- Remove from the oven and allow the tin to cool.
- Cut into 9 equal squares and enjoy warm or store in an air-tight container in the fridge.
Giving this recipe a go? Tag us on Instagram for the chance to be featured.