Fruits of the Forest Tiramisu
Serves: 6-8 Cooking time: 2 hours
Look at the ingredients for this healthier tiramisu and you might be forgiven for thinking it won't taste as good as the 'real thing'. Put a spoonful in your mouth though and you'll soon realise your assumptions are wrong! Be aware that there's still sugar present in the sponge and other ingredients, so it's still a bit naughty.
1 small sponge flan case
500g frozen summer fruits in bag
4 tbsp cassis (or Ribena)
250g Quark cheese
4tbsp Total Sweet Xylitol
200ml skimmed milk
Cocoa for dusting
- Take a large dish and cut the sponge to fit in the bottom.
- Defrost fruits, whilst keeping them in the bag, and then tip them into a sieve placed over a bowl.
- Take the juices in the bowl and tip them over the sponge with a sprinkle of cassis or Ribena.
- Spread fruits over the sponge and place in the fridge.
- In the meantime beat Quark with Total Sweet for 30 seconds with an electric whisk.
- Slowly beat the milk into the Quark until thick and creamy.
- Spread evenly over fruits.
- Dust with cocoa and chill for 2 hours. Perfect.