Date & Peanut Squares
Time: 25 minutes (excluding setting time)
Recipe by Tammy Sheahan.
- 150g Plain Flour
- 50g Unsalted Butter or Coconut Oil
- 125g Total Sweet Xylitol
- 10 Large Dates, pitted
- 50g Salted Peanuts
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 90% Dark Chocolate to top (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180'C. Line a flat baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sieve the flour into a bowl and rub in the butter (or coconut oil) until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in 25g of Total Sweet.
- Add 2-3 tbsp of cold water and bring together a stiff dough.
- Roll out into an even 12" square onto the parchment paper. Prick all over with a fork to prevent rising.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden.
- While the base is baking, add the dates, remaining Total Sweet, peanuts, peanut butter and vanilla extract to a blender and blitz until smooth and thick.
- Spread the date mixture over the cooled base and place in the fridge to cool.
- Melt the chocolate and spread or drizzle over the top and place back into the fridge for 2 hours or overnight to cool and set.
- Portion into 16 equal square. Store in an air-tight container with parchment paper between layers and keep in the fridge.
Giving this recipe a go? Tag us on Instagram for the chance to be featured.