Dairy Free & No Added Sugar Chocolate Ice Cream
70g unroasted unsalted cashew nuts
50g sugar free cocoa powder
120g Total Sweet Xylitol
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- Blend the cashews and water together in the blender to make cashew milk.
- Add the cocoa powder, xylitol and vanilla extract and blend again.
- Taste the mixture to make sure it’s sweet enough for you (bearing in mind that the freezing process may make the end product less sweet). If not, add more xylitol.
- If you have an ice cream machine, follow the maker’s instructions from this point on. Otherwise, pour the mixture into a shallow bowl or plastic container, cover with greaseproof paper to prevent ice crystals forming and place in the freezer.
- After ½ to 1 ½ hours, remove from the freezer and stir to break up the crystals. (It is especially important to make sure you stir the edges as this is the part that freezes first.)
- Repeat the process three more times every ½ to 1 hour.
- Freeze for another hour.
- Serve or store in the freezer for future use.