Serves: 4-6 Cooking Time: 40 mins
A low-sugar alternative to a classic sandwich filling! The perfect addition to your coronation buffet table or to enjoy at any time.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons Total Sweet Xylitol
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°c.
- Place chicken breasts in a baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes until cooked through. Allow to cool and then shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- In a small skillet, sauté onion and garlic until tender. Add cumin, coriander, turmeric, ginger, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, Greek yoghurt, and Total Sweet Xylitol until smooth.
- Add shredded chicken, raisins, and almond slivers to the bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Serve on a bed of greens or as a sandwich filling.