Serves: 12 Cooking time: 15 minutes
A low-sugar version of a classic cookie, these Viennese whirls are soft, crumbly and delicious!
- 200g unsalted butter, very soft
- 3 tbsp ground Total Sweet Xylitol - This will resemble icing sugar - make by placing xylitol in a blender
- 180g plain flour
- 20g cornflour
- 125ml double cream
- 12 tbsp low sugar jam - See below recipe ingredients
- 150g frozen raspberries
- 2-4 tbsp Total Sweet Xylitol, to taste
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1-2 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F/gas 5.
- Cream butter and ground xylitol together until pale, then sift in the flour and mix until combined and no flecks of flour can be seen. Pipe this mixture into whirl shapes (using a star nozzle, pipe a circle from the outside in). Chill for 5 mins in the fridge.
- Bake for 15 mins until lightly golden. Allow to cool completely.
- Whip the cream to stiff peaks, then spoon a tablespoon of jam over the biscuits and pipe cream on top. Top with the other biscuits.
How to make the Jam:
Place the raspberries and xylitol in a pan and mash slightly with a fork, then place over medium heat. Mix the cornflour and water to a paste in a separate bowl, mash the raspberries slightly, then pour the cornflour paste into the pan and whisk into the raspberries.