Vegan Easter Biscuits
Serves: 25 Cooking time: 60 minutes
Why not try these festive vegan Easter biscuits? Tasty to eat and easy to make…
1/2 cup (110g) of vegan butter/margarine
1/3 cup + tbsp (880g) of Total Sweet Xylitol
Finley grated zest of 1 lemon
1 tbsp (10g) of cornflour
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of mixed spice (pumpkin spice)
1 + 2/3 cup (200g) of plain all-purpose flour
2.5 oz (70g) of currants
1-2 tbsp of non-dairy milk
2 tbsp of maple syrup
3 tsp of milk
Total Sweet Xylitol for sprinkling over Easter biscuits
- Preheat your oven to 200ºC and prep two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk the butter/margarine, Total Sweets® and lemon zest together until smooth and creamy.
- Whisk in baking powder, cornflour and mixed spices in.
- Add currants and plain flour, then mix all together with a wooden spoon.
- Slowly add enough milk to bring the mixture together ad into a ball of dough.
- Lightly flour a flat surface and roll the dough out to about 5mm 1/4 inch thick.
- Use a fluted 6cm round cutter and cut as many rounds as you can.
- Bring scraps together, knead to join the dough together again and cut out more biscuits.
- Space biscuits apart on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix together the milk and maple syrup in a small bowl.
- carefully brush the easter biscuits with the maple syrup mixture.
- Next, lightly sprinkle total Sweet® and return to oven for 5 minutes until cooked through or golden brown.
- Transfer the cooked biscuits to a cooling wire rack and then store them in an airtight container.