Totally Sweet Nutty Toffee Apples
Serves: 4 Cooking time: 15 minutes
A sweet treat, ditching the refined sugar nasties. Totally Sweet and nutty.
6 tbsps of Total Sweet Xylitol
3 tbsps Water
1 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
4 Pink Lady / Granny Smith Apples
4 Toffee Apple Sticks
75g Chopped Nuts
3 tbsp Peanut Butter
- Place the Total Sweet, water and vinegar in a medium saucepan and stir over low heat until dissolved. For a unique sweet flavour, add your peanut butter in too.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and leave it to bubble. Once the toffee begins to set, we can construct the apples.
- Wash your apples and remove the stalks. Going from top to bottom, press a stick through the centre of each apple, to create a giant lollipop.
- With the stick in your hand, dip each apple into the toffee, making sure the whole fruit is completely covered.
- Stand the toffee apples on a lightly greased baking sheet and leave to cool on the side.
- When cool, place in the fridge overnight. Wrap them up in cling film or tuck them in right away!