Serves: 8 Cooking time: 90 minutes
Whip up this delicious heartwarming pie... with zero refined sugar!
1 1/2 cups Almond Flour
1/4 cup Total Sweet Xylitol
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 cup Melted Butter
For the filling:
1 can Pumpkin Puree
1/2 cup Heavy Cream
2 large Eggs
1/2 cup Total Sweet Xylitol
2 tsp Pumpkin Spice
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Whisk together the flour, Total Sweet, and salt. Stir in melted butter until the dough comes together and resembles coarse crumbs.
- Flatten the mixture into a ceramic / glass pie dish. Use a glass to even out the mixture at the bottom.
- Pre-bake the crust for 10 minutes at 170C. Leave to cool.
- Beat together the filling ingredients slowly and combine until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the crust.
- Bake the pie for 40-50 minutes until the filling is set but still wobbly. If the crust begins to overcook, cover the sides with foil and return to the oven. The filling should look like jelly, with no cracks in the surface.
- Top with whipped cream, cinnamon or any other delicious pie toppings.