Lemon Polenta Biscuits
Serves: 30 Cooking time: 45 minutes
150g of Total Sweet Xylitol
200g of unsalted butter, softened
Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
4 egg yolks
2 cups of (300g) plain flour
1 cup of (150g) polenta
- Preheat your oven to 200˚C and line two trays with baking paper.
- Place butter, Total Sweet® and lemon zest in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until light and creamy.
- Add the egg yolks one by one beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour and a pinch of salt into a bowl, then stir in the polenta.
- Then add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and beat until combined.
- Knead lightly for 1-2 minutes and form the dough into a ball. Wrap in plastic and then chill for 30 minutes.
- Lightly flour a surface and roll out the dough until 5mm thick and cut out circles using a 6cm pastry cutter.
- Carefully lift the biscuits with a palette knife and place on the trays.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until light brown. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Can be stored in an airtight container.