Hazelnut Chocolate Spread
Serves: 1 Jar Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 3tbsp (22g) Total Sweet Xylitol, powdered
- 200g Hazelnuts
- 2tbsp Coconut Oil
- 3/4tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1tsp Cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 180'C and roast the hazelnuts for around 10 minutes or until the skin starts to peel off.
- Let them cool and then rub them with your hands or a cloth to remove the skins.
- Add the Total Sweet into a blender with the cornstarch and blitz until you have a powdery (icing sugar) consistency.
- Add the cooled hazelnuts, coconut oil, cocoa powder and vanilla extract to the powdered Total Sweet and blend for around 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes your spread will be firm. Scrape down the sides and continue to blend until your mixture is smooth and thick.
- Add to a sterilised, air-tight jar and store at room temperature.
Giving this recipe a go? Tag us on Instagram for the chance to be featured.