Banana Oat Vegan Cookies
Serves: 6 Cooking time: 25 minutes
Who knew something so easy to make could be so tasty…? These vegan banana cookies are the perfect midday snack.
1 tbsp Total Sweet Xylitol
1 ripe and spotty banana
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups (150g) gluten-free rolled oats, divided
2 tsp unsweetened applesauce
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/3 cup (35g) chopped walnuts
1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180˚C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Break the ripe banana into chunks in a medium-sized bowl. Mash the banana with a fork until it forms a paste.
- Add 1/2 cup of oats into a blender and process until a fine form is achieved. Add in the oat flour, remaining oatmeal, Total Sweet, salt, maple syrup, applesauce, cinnamon and baking powder.
- Mix until the mixture is evenly combined.
- Roughly use 3 tsp of mixture to form 6 even cookies. Using a damp hand press each cookie onto the tray.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes - remove once golden brown and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Store in a covered container at room temperature for up to 5 days.